Disaster relief for AIG insurance companies' Policyholders
We understand that quality customer service is especially important to you at this time.
Contact the appropriate AIG customer service unit if:
- You need to change your billing address,
- You need to file a claim,
- You are receiving benefits or periodic payments or if you are waiting for a claim payment and you need your check mailed to an alternate address,
- You are an employer sponsoring a voluntary benefits (payroll deduction) plan and have questions, or
- You have some other customer service need.
Important Information for Illinois Policyholders Affected by recent severe weather in Christian County.
In response to Illinois Department of Insurance Company Bulletin 2018-12, AIG Insurance Companies (the “Companies”) are suspending policy cancellations and non-renewals for affected policyholders until January 23, 2019 as a result of recent severe weather in Christian County. For any cancellation issued on or after November 23, 2018 on any in-force policy issued to an affected policyholder, the Companies have withdrawn the cancellation and reinstated the policy with no lapse in coverage. Normal cancellation and non-renewal procedures will resume on January 23, 2019. In addition, affected policyholders will be granted an extension of any provisions that impose a time limit for an insured or claimant to perform any act for 60 days.
If an affected policyholder should have a complaint regarding any disaster-related dispute or issue, they may contact the Illinois Department of Insurance toll-free complaint hotline at 1-866-445-5364, or file a complaint online at: https://mc.insurance.illinois.gov/messagecenter.nsf.