Correspondent Lending Natural Disaster Area Re-Inspection Announcement – September 18, 2017
September 18, 2017
Re: Natural Disaster Area Re-inspection Policy
AIG Correspondent Lending will require the re-inspection of all properties located in natural disaster areas as determined by FEMA. This specifically addresses, but is not limited to properties located in Texas, Louisiana, Florida, Georgia, California, Montana and Oregon.
The following re-inspection requirements apply to properties located in these areas:
- The re-inspection must be completed by the original appraiser.
- Must be on forms 1004D (Fannie Mae) or 442 (Freddie Mac) and must include interior and exterior photos.
- Must certify that the subject area and the subject property have both running water and power.
- Must certify the property is not damaged.
- Must include a statement that the property is currently occupied (when subject property is owner occupied/refinance).
This policy applies to all files not yet purchased. Please reach out to Shane Larscheid, Vice President of Sales with specific questions related to this announcement.