Available independent third party brands to consider
The Brandguard Vents product line was invented by Brent Berkompas, a southern California firefighter. This brand features an overlapping baffle design. Other vents typically use chemical reactions or moving parts to shield against ember or flame intrusion. Please also note the following:
- AIG Private Client Group policyholders can access discounted pricing on the material cost of the vents.
- Brandguard can refer contractors and/or review installation quotes.
- Ember-resistant vents can be retrofitted onto existing vents.
- Vents also can be customized in any size, shape, color or material. In cases where ornate vents are already in place, the Brandguard vent can be installed behind them in lieu of replacement.
- Vents also provide protection from driving rain, up to 140 mph.
- They are the only vents that have been tested to provide protection from flames, embers, and radiant heat in both horizontal and vertical placements. Other vents are only approved for one-way placement.
- They are made of weather-tested material for longevity.
- They are easy to clean, easy to maintain and lessen the chances of pest intrusion.
For more information, contact Brandguard Vents at 949-305-8059 or visit www.brandguardvents.com.
Vulcan vents are made from high-grade aluminum honeycomb core with a proprietary intumescent coating. When the vent is exposed to high heat during a wildfire, the vent is designed to swell, closing off all the honeycomb openings and preventing ember intrusion.
- They can be installed on new construction and retrofitted with existing builds.
- They’re available in dormer, eave, foundation, soffit, retrofit, continuous and custom applications.
For more information, contact Vulcan Technologies at 916-652-7424 or email@example.com.
Embers Out vents contain a micro filter design made of either galvanized steel or aluminum.
- They are designed to prevent ember intrusion and stop dust, debris, rain, snow, wind, insects and other pests from entering the home.
- All products contain high-temperature filters and are made with corrosion-resistant material.
For more information, contact Embers Out at 714-363-3459 or visit www.embersout.com.
Please contact your independent insurance advisor for more wildfire readiness recommendations or visit www.aig.com/pcg.