Hurricane Re-inspection Policy Announcement – September 6, 2017
September 6, 2017
Re: Hurricane Harvey Disaster Area Re-inspection
AIG Correspondent Lending will be enforcing a re-inspection policy for all properties located in the disaster areas identified by FEMA as a result of Hurricane Harvey. This includes properties located in both Texas and Louisiana.
Re-inspection requirements are as follows:
- Must be completed by the original appraiser.
- Must be on forms 1004D (Fannie Mae) or 442 (Freddie Mac) and must include interior and exterior photos.
- Must certify that the subject area and the subject property have both running water and power.
- Must certify the property is not damaged.
- Must include a statement that the property is currently occupied (when subject property is owner occupied / refinance).
All files previously underwritten and not yet purchased will have the following condition added to address the above items, “Final inspection with photos and all required certifications to be provided.” No loan for properties located in a disaster area will be purchased prior to the receipt of the above. AIG Correspondent Lending reserves the right to request additional documentation when necessary.