Diversity and Inclusion
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission – creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability.
Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
To learn more about diversity, inclusion and pay equity at AIG, click here.
We Believe in the Power of Our Differences
True diversity encompasses more than gender and race. It includes the whole human experience: culture, education, personality, skills, life experiences, and beyond. It’s everything in each person’s life experience that results in unique thinking styles and equips us to meet the challenges of our complex and competitive global marketplace. Diversity = Talent.
Inclusion is the critical link that enables the benefits of a diverse workforce to come to life, helping us unleash the true power of our differences. Fostering a culture within AIG that actively seeks and encourages diverse backgrounds, life experiences, and thinking styles will help us to better understand, connect with, and serve our clients – fulfilling our mission of being the most valued insurance company in the world.
How AIG Supports Diversity and Inclusion
At AIG, we maintain a global and inclusive mindset to effectively identify, develop, and retain a diverse workforce and to optimize creativity, productivity, and innovation.
Sample Talent Programs
- Women’s Executive Leadership Initiative - Global
- Executive Men’s Development Initiative - USA
- Women’s Development Program - Japan
- Regional Women’s Forums
- Passport to Success Forums
- Efficacy Programs for Professionals of Color
At AIG, we work together to drive the development of an inclusive workplace. We also leverage education and cross-cultural experiences through Employee Resource Groups to build inclusive leaders and support employee engagement.
- African-Caribbean Inclusion Group
- Asian Leadership Network
- Black Professionals
- Latino Network
- Disabilities & Allies
- Interfaith Network
- LGBT & Allies
- Veterans Leadership Network
- Seasoned Professionals
- Women & Allies
- Working Families
- Young Professionals
The AIG brand is enhanced through our building of key diverse community and supplier relationships, and by tapping diverse perspectives and ideas to enhance global business opportunities
Sample External Partners
- National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC)
- Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC)
- National Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC)
- United States Hispanic Chamber of Commerce (USHCC)
- Financial Services Roundtable for Supplier Diversity (FSRSD)
- Women Presidents Educational Organization (WPEO)
- New York/New Jersey Minority Supplier Development Council (NY/NJ MSDC)
- United States Business Leadership Network (USBLN)
- National Veteran Owned Business Association
- Minority Supplier Development Council – UK
- WE Connect International
We are honored that our commitment has been recognized by organizations that support diversity and inclusion, and we know that we’ll always work to create an environment where people of all cultures, backgrounds, and perspectives are valued.
Diversity in Action
Learn More About Diversity and Inclusion at AIG
Join Our Team