On Tuesday, December 2, AIG is participating in #GivingTuesday – a day when charities, families, businesses, community centers, students, retailers, and more come together to celebrate giving.
Last year, more than 10,000 organizations in 46 countries came together to support #GivingTuesday. We invite you to join the movement and participate in the following ways:
- Participate in a local volunteer activity in your community. Some AIG locations in the U.S. will host a volunteer opportunity on December 2 with Stop Hunger Now, a global organization dedicated to providing food and emergency response to people in need around the world. Visit www.idealist.org to search for international projects that you can be a part of.
- Get your AIG office involved in #GivingTuesday or take a pledge to volunteer one day throughout the upcoming New Year.
- Visit the new AIG page on Facebook to participate in the online giving poll. As part of the company’s 95th Anniversary and in support of #GivingTuesday, AIG will make a $95,000 donation based on your votes to one of the charities listed below:
- Junior Achievement Worldwide
- American Red Cross
- Warfighter Sports/Disabled Sports USA
- Have a great idea about how to participate in @GivingTues ? Follow #Giving Tuesday on Twitter #GivingTuesday , use the #GivingTuesday hashtag, or like it on Facebook, and tell us your idea! You can also tweet @AIGInsurance and use #GivingTuesday, when posting your ideas!