This plan complements the compulsory HDB fire insurance in helping HDB home owners to better protect their homes.
In an unfortunate event of a fire or break-in, losses or damages to your renovations, home contents and personal belongings are not covered. If a fire should start from your flat, you could also be potentially liable for bodily injuries and damages to property belonging to your neighbours.
Imagine the financial setback and emotional stress should such an unfortunate incident occur. Hence, it is important to ensure adequate cover for your home and family against such unexpected loss and damage.
For as little as $0.19 a day, you and your family can enjoy complete peace of mind with comprehensive coverage of up to $330,000.
- Household Contents4
Covers up to $100,000* loss or damage to your Household Contents and fixtures and fittings that are caused by the insured perils3 listed in the policy.
*Includes coverage of up to $25,000 for loss or damage due to theft by forcible entry.
- Alternative Accommodation
Covers alternative accommodation expense of up to $10,000 if your insured premises are made uninhabitable due to insured perils3.
- Personal Liability
Covers you and your immediate family members5 who may be held personally and legally liable for accidental death or bodily injury or accidental property damage to a third party, up to $200,000.
- Personal Accident
Covers Accidental death benefit up to $10,000 for you and your spouse (65 years and below).
- Building (Additional Benefit)
Covers up to $92,0001 for losses or damages to the building2 arising from insured perils3.
1. The sum insured for building is dependent on the flat type and will vary from $19,000/annum for a 1-room flat to $92,000/annum for an executive apartment. Details are specified in the policy terms and conditions.
2. Building refers to the your residence and fixtures and fittings provided by HDB, based on current standards and specifications as defined by HDB. The common areas, fixtures and fittings added by you or the previous owner of the building, interior decorations, household furniture and fittings are excluded.
3. Insured perils shall mean fire, lightning, explosion of domestic appliances, smoke damage, earthquake, bursting and overflowing of domestic water pipes, vehicle and aircraft damage, malicious damage, riots and strikes, spontaneous combustion and theft by violent and forcible entry. Excess applies for selected insured perils where applicable.
4. Household Contents refer to your interior decorations, fixtures and fittings installed and not provided by HDB. Your furniture, furnishings, clothing and personal effects belonging to you or your Immediate Family or Domestic Worker permanently residing with you are covered. However, cash and currency notes are excluded from cover.
5. Immediate family shall mean parents, spouse, children, siblings, or domestic servants permanently residing in your residence.
All the above benefits are subject to policy terms, conditions and exclusions.